- Apples peeled & sliced
- ½ C Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ C Water
- Tortilla’s (flour) 6″ size
- Oil (for frying tortillas)
- 1/2 c sugar-cinnamon mixture
- Whipped cream
- Place apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water in a sauce pan.
- Stir until well blended and cover and cook on medium stirring frequently
- For 10 minutes or until apples are semi soft. If needed, thicken sauce using
- 1 Tbl of cornstarch to 3-4 Tbl of water. Mix into sauce and stir until thickened.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a skillet and holding the tortilla folded in half, place the bottom on tortilla in the oil for a few seconds. Then lay it on one side until browned and then place other side down until browned. Remove from oil and Sprinkle browned tortilla with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Fill taco shells with apple pie filling and top with whipped cream, and sprinkle a little more of sugar-cinnamon mixture on top.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @mindstips on Instagram and hashtag it #mindstips
Feel free to leave your comments on the section bellow. This will motivate me to keep on track with new recipes.