- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as desired
- 6 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise (butterflied)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large lemon, zested
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and drizzle olive oil over foil. Place baking sheet in preheated oven.
- Flatten chicken breasts so they are all about 1/4-inch thick. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour and paprika together on a large plate. Beat eggs with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Mix bread crumbs and lemon zest together on a separate large plate. Dredge each chicken piece in flour mixture, then egg, and then bread crumbs mixture and set aside in 1 layer on a clean plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and arrange chicken in 1 layer on the sheet. Drizzle more olive oil over each piece of coated chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes. Flip chicken and continue baking until no longer pink in the center and the breading is lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Feel free to leave your comments on the section bellow. This will motivate me to keep on track with new recipes.