- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 lb beef liver
- 1/4-1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper oil, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in bag.
- Slice the liver into 1/2 inch strips and shake in bag of seasonings to coat.
- Set aside.Heat skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of butter and a dash of oil.
- Saute the onions on medium heat until tender and glossy.
- Transfer to side dish and sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper.
- Return skillet to high heat, add 3-4 tablespoons butter and dash of oil.
- Add liver and sear five mins until brown.Inside meat should be slightly pink.Return onions to pan til heated.
- Remove liver and onions from pan and plate.
- Use stock and wine to deglaze pan and reduce liquid til you have a thickened sauce.
- Pour over liver and onions, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @mindstips on Instagram and hashtag it #mindstips
Feel free to leave your comments on the section bellow. This will motivate me to keep on track with new recipes.