1 lb ground beef
1⁄2cup onion, finely chopped
2 large potatoes, peeled, cut into quarters
1⁄4teaspoon ground cloves
1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
1 double crust pie crust
- Combine beef, onion and water in a medium saucepan and mix well.
- Cook, covered, over low heat until the ground beef is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Boil the potatoesin water to cover in a small saucepan until tender; drain.
- Add to the meat mixture.
- Add the salt, allspice, cloves and pepper and mix well; remove from heat.
- Mash the mixture with a potato masher.
- Roll the pastry into two 11-inch circles on a lightly floured surface.
- Fit 1 pastry into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Fill with the meat mixture.
- Cover with the remaining pastry, fluting the edge and cutting several vents.
- Bake at 450′ for 20 minutes or the crust is golden brown.
Source : allrecipes.Com