Welcome to DigitalOnDesk
- 1/2cup cocoa
- 1/4cup cornstarch/or arrowroot powder (or 1/2 cup all purpose flour)
- 3egg yolks
- 1 1/2cup sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2cup milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 9″ pre-baked pie shell
How To Prepare:
- Mix cocoa, cornstarch, beaten egg yolks; sugar and salt, then add milk gradually, while stirring in a pot over med-high heat.
- Cook until thick, beating it smooth.
- Cream pies take some time to thicken, so stir… and stir (10-15 min).
- Using a heavy bottom pan really helps. Just keep it up until it thickens.
- Pour into a pre-baked pie shell.
- Put in the fridge to chill, add whipped cream if you like. Or use the left over egg whites for a meringue topping!