- 12 oz dry macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup light cream about 10-12% MF
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can condensed cream of cheddar soup optional 10.75oz
- 4 cups sharp cheddar divided
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
How To Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain and run under cold water.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Whisk in flour and let cook 2 minutes while stirring.
- Slowly whisk in cream, milk, mustard powder onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese & 3 cups cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add soup if using.
- Toss cheese sauce & macaroni noodles together.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 18-24 minutes or until bubbly.
- Do not over cook.
Cool 10-15 minutes before serving