- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325º F and lay your crust out in a standard pie dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter and heavy cream together until butter is melted, then whisk in cornstarch and sugar, stirring continuously until thickened. 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup, maple extract, vanilla extract and salt, if using, and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour filling into pie crust, then drizzle remaining (melted) butter over the top.
- Whisk together remaining topping ingredients, sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over filling.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Center should be set, but still a little wobbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then refrigerate until set. 2-3 hours.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @mindstips on Instagram and hashtag it #mindstips
Feel free to leave your comments on the section bellow. This will motivate me to keep on track with new recipes.