Welcome to DigitalOnDesk
- 6 oz. can skinless/boneless pink salmon, drained
- 2 T. diced onion
- good pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 T. buttermilk
- 2 T. cornmeal
- 4 T. all purpose flour
- Veg. oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine the salmon, onion, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the egg, buttermilk, cornmeal and flour.
- Combine well. Heat about 1/4″ oil in the bottom of a med. size iron skillet over med. high heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the salmon mixture into the hot oil and flatten out just a tad.
- Fry, in batches, about a minute per side or until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper sack or paper towel lined plate.