- 2 tablespoons Bertolli olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups low sodium fat-free vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 large Louisiana yam (sweet potato), peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large nonstick pot, heat oil and sauté onion, celery and garlic until tender, 5-7 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly one minute.
- Gradually add milk and broth; bring to boil, stirring several minutes or until mixture thickens. Lower heat and add corn and sweet potato, cooking until sweet potato is tender, 6-8 minutes. Season to taste. Before serving stir in kale, cooking several minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com